Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Budget

While working on gathering some interesting tidbits for this blog I was searching for some basic household budget ideas. What I didn't expect to find was that the more common use of the word budget wasn't related to money matters but rather: "archaic a quantity of material, typically that which is written or printed." (From Google search)

This led me to discover collections or rather budgets of various stories compiled together in books.

So, here again we find a word that wasn't used the way we use it today. Would you share with us some of the words you've stumbled upon and what their meanings are? I look forward to reading and sharing your comments.

Please note: I approve all comments that come to this blog because there are so many sales comments that aren't really comments at all.

Check out Google Books and use the search tools selecting 19th Century and see all the ways "Budget" was used then.


No comments:

Post a Comment